Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Fat Lady She's A-Singin'

Good Sunday Morning!

After a rough night I awoke to the fat lady singing in the distance and this did not please me...until I had a moment of clarity and realized I'm worth more than how I'm being treated.  Perhaps I'm confusing patience and understanding with something else.  I'm not sure what.  Being taken advantage of and treated poorly?  Who knows.  What I do know is I'm just trying to do what I feel in my heart is the right thing.  Give someone the benefit of the doubt - someone I know has been treated badly for a long time.  Someone I think maybe deserves a break.  Someone I think is a good man and deserves a good woman to show him what a real relationship can be - what it could be like to be appreciated and cared for.  Bah.... why go on about it.  After a moment of clarity I realized I'm worth more then how I'm being treated and I'm not going to sulk around being upset that the someone I've been getting to know and starting to care for who's been calling me his "girlfriend" has "checked out", wanting to be alone since last Tuesday or Wednesday and won't return any communications to me.  I've tried to give him the time he needs but you know what?  I think it's done.  That fat lady is singing and I'm going to let her borrow my microphone while I sit back and enjoy the song.

I definitely... deserve more.

No comments:

Post a Comment