Friday, September 18, 2009

The Big Move



On Tuesday Sept 8, the day after Labor Day, at 2:15 in the morning, I loaded my dog in the Penske truck that was parked in my driveway and we started our 10 hour trip from Wilmington, NC to New Jersey, my beautiful home getting further and further with each passing mile.... but Harrison was there by my side, ready to take on whatever adventure came our way. We should have the same enthusiasm for life as dogs. Even when it seems things can't get any worse, a car ride will cure all your worries.


12 hours later (I had to nap) we arrived at our destination, car in tow, to my welcoming parents. If I've learned one thing over the last six years, it's that husbands and friends will come and go but your family is there to stay and they'll never let you fall (not even at age 40 and you need to move back home... with your dog... and all your crap).

That was a little more than a week ago and I'm just about all unpacked and settled into my room. I talked the lady of the house into letting the dog upstairs, but only in my room. It only took three hours of barking and howling while we tried to sleep for that compromise to take place (way to go, Har!). The bed is nice and high and he sleeps under me every night. He's happy, I'm happy, my parents sleep with no howling so they're happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment