Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stick A Fork In Me - I'm Done

It's been a while.  Okay.... it's been 2 years.  Sue me.  I didn't understand how I was going to use the whole blogging world back then.  I thought at first, I'd use it to keep friends and family updated having moved from North Carolina to New Jersey.  It's tough to keep up and keep in touch - keep everyone who wants to know informed of what's going on.  Not that I have an exciting life.  Hellfire - I'm boring as shit!  I don't have a boyfriend, I don't have a band, I don't go out..... but hey - I have an apartment, a dog, and a job.  So don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - I'm just saying, exciting I am not. 
Anyway.... after two years of doing nothing with this I've decided after a particularly aggravating day (which I will surely get into at a later point in time), that I'm going to use it to vent.  Or write whatever the hell I want.  I can drop the F-bomb (that'd be fuck, for all you good, non-swearing people) because if you know me, you know it IS one of my favorite words.  Yeah, yeah, I know - I'm a girl.  It's foul.  What can I say?  You don't like it, don't read my blog because I'm sure you'll see it here. 
I digress..... I can say anything I like here, right?  Bah, I'm sure something will come back and bite me in the ass or I'll piss someone off (probably a lot of someones) but you know what?  Fuck it.  I'm writing what I want.  At least I'm not posting naked pictures of myself on the world wide web.  Right?

So I've been gone a while.  Should I get you up to speed on my life?  Yeah, I know, I'm long winded but I'm pretty sure I can do this in a relatively short paragraph..... here we go:
 
I stayed with my parents for 8 months until we drove each other nuts, got a job in what seemed like a wonderful establishment, found myself a great little (dog-friendly)apartment 2.5 miles from said job, found a boyfriend, broke up with boyfriend but continued to not date him, fell in love with ex-boyfriend while not dating him, stopped seeing ex-boyfriend all together once completely and utterly in love with him, realized the wonderful establishment I thought I'd found was really Hell in disguise and my boss was Satan's psychotic sister, found a band that I stayed with for 6 months until I realized that they were never going to put an equal amount of effort into it as I was and therefore, never get out of the drummer's basement, lost my 20 year old nephew to a horrible and sudden accident (we probably won't talk about that here), formed a couple really good friendships with a couple really good people, searched long and hard until I found THE perfect place for me to work, where I am still very happily employed, and...... oh, that's it.  I did it!  One semi-short paragraph.  And you didn't think I could.

Well that's it for now - it's late and I need to eat some dinner.  Until next time (when I'll tell you why today was particularly aggravating)....

Oh.... goodness.... Harrison is 5 1/2 years old (turning 6 at the end of November) and he is happy.  He spends half his time with Poppe and Yaya (my parents) and the other half, with me.  Every now and again, he even gets to go down the shore for a bit.  No matter where he is, he is loved and spoiled.  I must remember to post how he went from howling for three hours until Yaya let him go upstairs and into my room (only) to having run of her entire house.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment