Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Joys of Online Dating - Scene #4

The 1st Date

We set the time for 6:30-6:45 but we didn't make it until then.  I'm not sure who was more excited and can only speak for myself when I say I was pretty freakin' giddy.  We met at 6:15pm.  He was waiting for me beside his car in the parking lot.  He looked just like his pictures.  A relief.  I got a big hug.  Very nice. 

An hour and a half later and we were still talking and laughing at our table in the corner and hadn't ordered dinner yet.  He was sweet and nice and funny and quirky.  He talked and he listened.  He asked me questions about myself and seemed genuinely interested in hearing the answers.  On occasion, he reached across the table and took my hands in his.  And I let him.  And just in case he wasn't making enough of a mark on me, every so often, he'd quote part of my profile.  So not only did he read it, he actually remembered what it said.

We ate a couple of burgers and it was time to get going but not before we decided to take the dogs to the dog park this weekend.  He walked me to my car and....

....a lady doesn't kiss and tell. 

As my first husband used to say "that's no lady, that's my wife"..... so I'll just say his lips were so very soft and he was a complete gentleman which I was extremely pleased to discover because you know how much I hate the end of a 1st date!

No comments:

Post a Comment