Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Joys of Online Dating -Scene #5

Date #2

Date #2 was supposed to be the dogpark on Saturday but considering it was supposed to be below freezing, I flip flopped dinner with a good friend (which would enable me to spend more time with him) and planned dinner and a band with my online guy.  I was very excited (and still giddy) to be going out later that night and thought "is this what it's like to have someone to DO things with?".  Little did I know that would be short-lived.

I picked him up because his wrist was hurting from his physical therapy session and considering he drives a stick (like me), I felt for him.  We went for dinner at the same place the band was playing.  The good thing: I am very comfortable with him. When he takes my hand in the parking lot, I enjoy it.  A good thing. 

Dinner was good, conversation was good.  I saw my dear friend who I haven't seen in way too long.  One of the highlights of my night.  I missed her so.  Time for the band.  They were good - interesting and different.  Of course, I was ready to go home before they even went on.  I am just not a "go out" kind of person.  Such a deadbeat I am.  My date was perceptive enough to know something was off but he mistook it for me not having a good time with him.  We left after one set and I guess I was a little quiet on the ride home.  When I got to his house, he kissed me on the cheek and jumped out of the car.  Confusion.

I asked him about it via text and he said it was because he thought I didn't enjoy myself.  We "talked" about it and I assured him it wasn't anything at all having to do with him and I thought that was that.  In the week that followed things seemed strained and one-sided.  I finally told him that I was going to leave him alone and if he slowed down with work and wanted to go out and do something to give me a holler and I'd be happy to but that I felt it was one-sided.  No harm, no foul and no hard feelings.  I never heard from him again.

Whoopadeedoo.  NEXT.

No comments:

Post a Comment