Monday, January 9, 2012

The Joys of Online Dating -Scene #2

Sexyman0012 from Thailand is "looking long term relationship" and "if I don't mind can we know each other more?"  Yes, you read right - THAILAND (Oh, did you have a hard time making out what he wrote?  Welcome to my world.).  I live in the good ole' US of A.  This is not the first out-of-the-country request I've gotten to get to know me.  At first I thought out of state emails were.... questionable.  Pennsylvania, okay.  We're neighbors and Easton is only a 45 minute drive.  California?  Um, maybe not.

So now the Thailand email comes.  I reply asking him how he thinks a long term relationship will work from Thailand to the United States.  I tell him I don't think it will work out well so I'm sorry, but we can't "know each other more."

His reply:

"dear just easy t think if you are looking honest man am here relationship work with heart not with countrys honey if you change yours mind email me thanks"

Now I'm all for letting my heart take the lead sometimes and all that other mushy shit but relationships work with the heart, not with countries?  I'm going to have to disagree with that one.  I'd at least like to see my man, say, once a week?!?!  The once a year thing might be a bit hard for me to work around. 

Do you think if someone asked him what his requirements were for a girlfriend, his answer would be "a passport"?

No comments:

Post a Comment